EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Software Engineer - Thurso, Highlands - Scotland
The primary role is the development of software systems for the management, protection and monitoring of batteries ranging in size from small batteries for portable handheld devices to large scale containerised energy storage to support renewable energy. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development and verification as well as through-life support.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong structured software development skills.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience of the full lifecycle of embedded systems eg using C and CASE tools.
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred).
- Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional project team (including mechanical, electronics, and qualification engineers).
Desirable skills and experience
- Lithium Ion cell management.
- Formal methods with focus on design documentation and verification.
- Software safety analysis.
- Standard communication protocols including SMBus, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, Modbus.
- Coding standards such as MISRA.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Application software development using Visual Studio.
- Understanding of electronics.
Applicants should email or send their CV with covering letter to:- Alison Duncan, Denchi Power Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW