EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Quality Manager - Thurso, Highlands - Scotland
Denchi Power is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its management team through the appointment of an experienced Quality Manager. Denchi has been designing and manufacturing batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland for over 15 years and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Over the past three years the business has invested heavily in product development and is now poised for a significant growth in sales.
If you strive for excellence and thrive in an environment that promotes a culture of continual improvement then we would like to hear from you.
Reporting into the Managing Director, and playing a key role in the Senior Management team, the Quality Manager will manage the entire Quality function.
You will be required to develop improvements to the Quality Management Systems and assist the Management Team in continuously improving performance.
As the Quality Manager you shall be required to ensure that the company maintains its ISO9001 certification and gains accreditation to ISO14001. You will also oversee the effective operation of quality assurance processes and be responsible for all quality matters that arise from areas including manufacturing; suppliers; and new product developments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategies, policies and standards that assure that raw materials, processes, and finished products within the company consistently meet the quality standards necessary for complete customer satisfaction.
- Work as part of the senior management team to identify and define long term strategy for the business.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of quality assurance, quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Work with colleagues in Operations, Sales and Service to address customer complaints and improve customer satisfaction. Identifying the root cause of issues, ensuring corrective actions are effective in resolving issues and preventive actions are implemented to avoid recurrence. Reviewing effectiveness of existing quality systems where necessary.
- Plan, develop and implement Business Management Systems (BMS) to meet the latest revisions of ISO9001; ISO14001; legislative & customer requirements.
- Manage, monitor, evaluate and coordinate the BMS to enhance operational efficiency and new product developments.
- Liaise with external parties on matters relating to the BMS
- Maintain company compliance with the Battery Directive legislation
- Monthly reporting on the performance of the BMS
- Manage annual training programs of all employees in Quality, Environmental and H&S.
- Effectively interact with Operations, Engineering and Development teams to help introduce new products.
- Update and report site KPI's to management team.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
CLOSING DATE: 2 August 2017