Information you give us or we collect about you
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide relating to an order, sales enquiry, supplier enquiry, data gathered at events, using and browsing our website and enquiring about any vacancies we may have. The information you give us or we collect about you may include:
• Your name, address, date of birth, gender, marital status.
• Contact information such as your email address, telephone number or postal address.
• In respect of our products and services, details of your business, your requirements and your payment details.
• In respect of job applications, your CV including details of your education and employment history, along with any other information you choose to provide us with your CV.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Fulfilment of a contract.
• To improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
• A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
• Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
• You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How do we use your personal information?
We take data protection law very seriously and have set out exactly how and why we use your information, and what our legal basis is to be able to use your information:
Providing our services
It is necessary for us to use personal information about you to enter into and perform the contracts that we make with you, such as when you order our goods or services. Using your information in this context is necessary so that we can:
• Provide you with information about our products and services
• Provide our products and services and deal with payments in relation to those
• Verify your identity
• Deal with any complaints you may have
• Contact you any changes that we make to our goods or services
• Administer our website, including troubleshooting problems, analysing statistics, conducting research and tests and keeping our site secure
• Assess your suitability for a particular role should you enquire about or apply for a job vacancy.
Sometimes we may need to use the information we have about you in order to respond to your questions or to you know about important changes.
Verifying your identity
We may use your information where it is necessary for us to do so in order to meet our legal obligations or to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering and other crimes.
Protecting you and others from harm
We may use your information where it is necessary to protect your interests, or the interests of others. This may include in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Purposes for which we will use your data
We may use your personal information:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including in connection with providing products and services;
• To comply with our legal obligations and with instructions from 3rd parties or regulators, court orders or to protect our legal interests;
• To notify you about changes to our products and services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example , we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
• To manage and administer relationships;
• To tell you about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have expressly advised us you do not wish us to contact you;
• To train our employees to continuously improve our services;
• To analyse our products, services and marketing activity and to carry our market research
We need all the categories of information listed above to allow us to:
• enter into and perform our contract with you (1)
• to enable us to comply with legal obligations (2)
• in order to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties (3), (provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests)
The situations in which we will process your personal data are listed below. We have indicated by number (referenced above) the purpose or purposes for which we are processing or will process your personal information.
• Providing our services (1,3)
• Interact with third parties in order to ensure our products and services have been delivered to your satisfaction (1,3)
• Interact with regulators (2,3)
• Verifying your identity (1,2,3)
• Making a decision to supply our products and services (1)
• Administering the contract we have entered into with you (1)
• Dealing with any complaints you may have (1,3)
• Logistics management and planning, including accounting and auditing (2,3)
• Making arrangements for termination of our contract (1,3)
• Making repairs, alterations and improvements to the products or services supplier (1,2,3)
• Dealing with legal disputes involving you (2,3)
• Complying with health and safety obligations (1,2,3)
• To detect and prevent fraud, money laundering and other crimes (2)
• To review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff (including training) (3)
• To interact and respond to any communications you send us (3)
• To let you know about any important changes to our business or policies (3)
• To ensure the information that we hold about you is accurate and up to date (3)
• To protect your interests, or the interests of others (such as in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud) (2,3)
Who do we share your personal information with?
We share information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you. There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe the disclosure is:
• Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal regulatory proceedings.
• Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public.
• Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale. In the event this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service (including where you have purchased products from us), we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you and fulfil all contractual and compliance obligations.
If you apply for a job vacancy (or otherwise send us your CV) we will retain your CV for a period of 6 months. If we are considering you for a particular role we may retain this information for longer than that period.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorised way. We ensure our employees, agents and contractors are aware of their privacy and data security obligations.
We try to ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have your information we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We may transfer the information you give us to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where the international transfer is necessary in connection with the services we are providing to you. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer and processing of your information outside the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Accessing or amending your personal data
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including marketing preferences).
If you choose not to receive information from us, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important product communications.
Even if we already hold your personal data, you still have various rights in relation to it. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay and in any event in accordance with the requirements of any applicable laws. Please note we may keep a record of your communication to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
You have the right to:
• Be informed about our use of your personal information
• Access any personal information we hold about you
• Request the correction of any inaccurate personal information held
• Request that we delete your data, or stop processing or collecting it, in some circumstances
• Stop direct marketing messages, which can be done by contacting
• Request that we transfer your data to you or another service provider
• Complain to the data protection regulator – in the UK, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge. If you require further copies we may charge an administration fee to cover our costs.
If you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data, please contact us at in the first instance at so we may seek to resolve your complaint.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the statutory body which oversees the data protection law in the UK. Please visit the ICO website if you wish to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
Denchi Group Ltd
Thurso Business Park
Tel: +44(0) 1847 808000
Fax: +44(0) 1847 808080