Electronics Design Team Lead - Thurso, Highlands - Scotland
The primary role is the development of electronic systems for the management, protection and charging of batteries ranging in size between a few Wh and many MWh. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development and verification as well as obsolescence management and through-life support. In addition to the core engineering role the candidate will be expected to assume a leadership role within the engineering team with line management and project management responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have particular interest in process improvement and skills development of co-workers..
Essential skills and experience
- Strong analogue power electronic design skills.
- Professional experience of the full lifecycle of electronic product development.
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred).
- Strong management and project management skills
- Good understanding of project costing, forecasting and reporting
- Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional project team (including mechanical, software, and qualification engineers).
Desirable skills and experience
- Battery management systems.
- Lithium Ion cell management.
- Switched mode power supply design.
- Circuit simulation and analysis.
- Design for EMC (CE, MIL-STD 461, DEF-STAN 59-411 etc)
- DFx (manufacturability, test, cost etc).
- Design documentation.
- Related electronic design experience (serial comms and standard bus protocols, microcontroller system design etc).
- Reliability engineering (FMECA, MTBF calculation etc)
Applicants should email or send their CV with covering letter to:- Alison Duncan, Denchi Power Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW